Fall in New England means foliage, fairs and Ferris wheels. Oh and apple picking, gorging on apple cider donuts, pumpkin carving, and getting to wear oversized sweaters for three months straight. It truly is my ideal season. Call me basic, it’s fine. Here is my perfect fall bucket list. And as of today, I have checked off five items. How many have you?
1. Ride a ferris wheel at one of Connecticut's fall fairs.
2. Hike up Bear Mountain, the tallest peak in Connecticut.
3. Go on a festive fall hay ride.
4. Go apple picking at a Connecticut apple orchard.
5. Pick pumpkins for carving at a pumpkin patch.
6. Take a hike by the Cornwall covered bridge.
7. Stock up on locally made apple cider donuts and apple cider.
8. Tailgate a college football game.
9. Make a spiced apple cider beverage.
10. Take a drive on one of Connecticut's foliage trails to see the leaves change.
11. Sip on a local wine at a Connecticut vineyard.
12. Roast s'mores over a fire.
13. Bake a pie with fruit from a local orchard.
14. Take a weekend staycation in Litchfield County.
15. Cook thanksgiving dinner with recipes from local chefs.
16. Attend the infamous Harvard v. Yale football game.
17. Down a bag of apple fritters at an Apple Festival.