Gift Guide: For The Food Lover
1. bartaco hot sauces- If you find yourself shamelessly pouring heaps of salsa on your food at bartaco even though it doesn't really need it, then this three pack of their signature sauces is for you. The sampler includes jalapeno, rojo and haberno.
2. Cato Corner cheese- "Cato Corner makes some of my favorite cheese, not just in the state, but period. Hooligan is a pungent, washed rind cheese that is perfect on a cheese board alongside some Connecticut honey (see #6)." - Alycia Chrosniak, Founder, CTEatsOut.com
3. Angel Hair Chili- "I'm not fond of American ‘spicy’ or ‘hot’ foods. I do however have a fond thought of Angel Hair Chili or Cheveux D’ange Chili from China." - Matt Neele, Pastry Chef, Community Table
4. Sift Bake Shop macarons- Sift Bake Shop opened in Mystic this past year and serves up some of the most exquisite French pastries around. We can't think of a better stocking stuffer than a box of their macarons.
5. Fleischer's Jerky Kit- Yeah, you could just buy your friend a Fleischer's jerky club subscription, but making your own jerky is so much more fun. This kit includes everything you need, except the meat, so that you can show off your skills.
7. Jacobsen Salt Co. salt sampler- This six salt tasting set is the perfect gift for the foodie in your life. Along with the six infused flavors the sampler comes with tasting notes and suggested pairings for each.
8. Arethusa ice cream- Looking for some of the best ice cream in the state? Look no further. Arethusa has been producing milk in Litchfield County since 1999. Their coffee, sweet cream and mint chocolate chip ice creams are some of our favorites.