Gift Guide: For The Baker
1. Dorie's Cookies- "Dorie Greenspan is a baking goddess and her newest book further proves that. The four time James Beard Award winner and Westbrook, Connecticut resident has packed over 300 insanely inventive and delicious cookie recipes into one place." -Alycia Chrosniak, Founder, CT Eats Out.
2. Marble Pastry Board- A large chilled marble pastry board will help keep the temperature of dough down and keep it from sticking while it gets rolled out. Kinda invaluable if you ask us.
3. Traditional Round Wooden Banneton- Get your favorite baker a banneton because "it maintains the moisture of the bread, creates a delicate crust and crumb, and allows you to make some delicious bread at home." - Adam Young, Pastry Chef and Proprietor, Sift Bake Shop Mystic
4. KitchenAid Artisan Mini- "A true classic to any bakers kitchen in America would be a Kitchen Aid Stand mixer. Yet, if you are living in a tiny apartment in NYC, or are a student who loves to bake in your spare time, this years new and cutest Artisan Mini Mixer by KitchenAid is just right. Its comes in an array of colors, 3.5 quarts so you can still roll out a couple dozen of your favorite cookies and 12 attachments from pasta to juicer!" - Matt Neele, Pastry Chef, Community Table (note: we swear this isn't sponsored, Matt is just very passionate about his KitchenAid mixers)
5. Tapered Rolling Pin- A tapered pin pivots allowing you to create the perfect round of pastry. Not to mention that it is lightweight and easy to clean. Oh and it's minimalist design isn't too shabby either.
6. Set of 4 Mini Loaf Pans- "Mini loaf pans are great for making things like pumpkin bread, which is a perfect gift when you need something in volume or on short notice, such as for teachers, co-workers or neighbors. Drop one in a holiday bag with a little ribbon and it's good to go. Schmear a little cream cheese between two slices of fresh pumpkin bread and you are in heaven." - Brian Mitchell, Corporate Beverage Director, Max Restaurant Group
7. 4 Piece Measuring Cup Set- Every baker needs a good set of measuring cups so why not get ones with a hammered finish and add some vintage flair to the recipient's kitchen?