SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY:
We serve seasonal café food inside of a bookstore. It is a unique place for our customers to experience a new way of looking at food and literature. Prep and Line cooks are the final touches on the daily eating experience that our customers visit us for. We work in an open kitchen in full view of customers and staff. Preps and Line cooks are responsible for executing mise en place and final assembly in a Clean, Safe, High Quality manner that meets Atticus’s and our customer’s needs. We are all welcoming team members, enthusiastic problem solvers and bring a passion and curiosity for food to their daily work.
- Ensure product quality and café standards are executed and maintained
- Uphold the core principles of the café and provide timely and friendly service
- Be a welcoming member of the Atticus team and assist with the smooth acclimatization of new employees
- Follow recipes and direction of the Kitchen Director to ensure a consistent experience to our customer
- Maintain product presentation standards
- Maintain a clean station throughout your shift, in busy or slow service.
- Performs related duties as required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrative of the various types of work thatmay be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude themfrom the position if the work is similar or a logical assignment to the position.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- One to two years of related experience in a production kitchen is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and practices of cooking and food preparation is required.
- Ability to read and follow recipes of a variety of food and prepared meals.
- Ability to be available for work outside of normal working hours.
- Self-directed; able to work without consistent supervision.
- Attention to detail, processes, and urgent timing aspects.
- Must have organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage stressful, busy seasons throughout the year.
Mental and physical requirements:
The Physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to perform continuous bending, twisting, stooping, reaching, climbing and lifting of moderate to heavy weight material up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work standing for extended periods of time up to 12 hours daily.
- Must be able work in consistently warm to hot environment around ovens.
- Is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to keep his/her composure with the public and co-workers in everyday, stressful work situations.