I hate to be the one to break it to ya, but it's almost the end of August. And in a few short weeks summer will be over. I know, I know, it's awful. (Please don't shoot the messenger.) Chances are you only got to a handful of the fun New England summer activities that you wanted, so I'm here to remind you that although fall is looming- there is still time! Here are fifteen things to do before the end of summer:
1. Sit on a stump and eat wood-fired lobster and clams at The Place.
2. Rent a kayak and paddle the Thimble Islands.
3. Pack a picnic and enjoy it in the Elizabeth Park Rose Garden with friends.
4. Go to a drive-in movie theater.
5. Eat your way through Mystic in a day.
6. Root for the home team at a Hartford Yard Goats Game.
7. Take a free outdoor yoga class.
8. Attend a Greenwich or Farmington Polo match.
9. Enjoy a lobster roll at one of Connecticut's many shoreline seafood shacks.
10. Take a lazy tube ride down the Farmington River.
11. Throw a big backyard party. Think everyone you know plus s'mores.