UberEATS, the food delivery service by Uber, launched a couple weeks ago in New Haven and launches today in Stamford. Currently you can order from over 40 restaurants in each city including Junzi Kitchen, Tarry Lodge and G Cafe Bakery in New Haven, and Fortina, Bareburger and Garden Catering in Stamford.
So what exactly is UberEATS? "UberEATS is a new standalone app for food delivery at the speed of Uber. It is free to download from the app store, from which you can have food delivered with a tap — and, best of all, delivery is free for a limited time to celebrate the arrival of UberEATS in Connecticut!" says General Manager Casey Verkamp.
If you are an existing Uber user your account and credit card information is already on file with UberEATS to ease the set up process. New restaurants are actively being added to the New Haven and Stamford areas and they will be expanding to additional cities in Connecticut in the coming months. In addition to delivery being free for a limited time, you can get 10% off your first order with the code CONNEATS.
All you have to do to get started is:
1. Download the UberEATS app or head on over to ubereats.com
2. Enter the delivery address. (You can see the delivery areas on the maps below)
3. Browse through the dozens of restaurants to choose from and decide on your order
4. Check out with the tap of a button. Your card is on file for easy check out and delivery is free for a limited time. Don't forget to enter code CONNEATS for 10% off your first order.
5. Track your order on the app and see when your food is being prepared, picked up and delivered!